Raychem Temperature Maintenance Systems
Raychem hot water temperature maintenance systems offer comfort and an intelligent way to supply instant hot water at the tap.
Providing the comfort of instant hot water is the key requirement of any modern hot water system. The Raychem single-pipe system keeps water at the right temperature in a building’s water distribution pipe work. The intelligent system first keeps the investment cost low and then it operates economically and efficiently.
Engineered for direct application on hot water pipes the Raychem system does not require return pipes, valves or pumps. The intelligence of the system resides in the self-regulating cables and the Raychem HWAT-ECO control unit.
Why install a hot water maintenance system?
- Long, complex pipe networks are energy inefficient.
- Waiting for water from the tap at the desired temperature level wastes lots of valuable water
- Legionella preventation and decontamination in long and ramified pipe systems are much harder to execute.
Reasons to Install a Raychem System
Single-pipe system for easy design and faster installation - Raychem HWAT heating cable is simply fixed on the supply pipe - no need for return pipe work, valves or pumps, or for complex design and balancing work associated with return systems. This results in lower installation cost, less pipe system maintenance work and a flexible heating cable installation due to the smart Rayclic connection system.
A hygienic system - Less water volume and less heat loss in the pipe work assure for less bacteriological problems.
A flexible and space-saving system - The space requirement for pipes has been reduced because there are no return pipes. Risers, shafts and openings can be minimised freeing space for other services.
Lower power consumption - The heat loss in the system is lower as only the heat loss from the feed pipe (and not from the return pipe) is to be compensated for. There is also no power requirement for circulation pumps. The single-pipe system can be used with a smaller boiler and as there is no cold return water coming in the boiler, the heat-up of the water is more efficient.
The HWAT-ECO control unit limits the heat output of the self regulating heating cables according to the specific requirements of the hot water system. It combines clock time functions with the boiler thermostat in order to ensure that the system is used solely for temperature maintenance. This avoids superfluous heat production and minimises energy comsumption. The implementation of a HWAT-ECO controlled system saves up to 50% energy.
No maintenance costs - The system has no mechanical parts such as a recirculation pump or control valves. There are no parts to wear out.
Raychem self-regulating systems offer the most flexible approach for heat-tracing design. Cable can be cut to length on site for the most complex installations. Typical applications are line lengths of up to 250m and maintain temperatures of up to 150°C.
System features include:
- Selectable temperature levels: Maintain or Economy temperature
- Thermal Legionella prevention programmes
- BMS compatible
- Control units can be put in a network for fast programming
- Nine building-specific programs
- Alarm relay for remote monitoring
The HWAT Range
- Heating Cables - HWAT-MSelf-regulating water temperature maintenance cable for for pipework to a maximum of 65°C exposure temperature. 9W/m at 55°C, HWAT-RSelf-regulating water temperature maintenance cable for for pipework to a maximum of 80°C exposure temperature. 12W/m at 70°C
- Control Panels - SBS-01-HM-ECO-10Control panel for hot water temperature maintenance systems, SBS-xx-HV-ECO-10Multi-circuit control panel for hot water temperature maintenance systems, SBS-R-HWATMulti-circuit control panel for hot water temperature maintenance systems
- Controller Units - HWAT-ECOEnergy efficient Raychem HWAT-ECO control system
- Connection Kits - RAYCLICQuick and easy connection system for Raychem heating cables, Heat shrinkHeat shrink connection and cold lead seal kits
- Accessories - Junction boxes, support brackets, adhesive tapes, trace heating warning labels