Raychem GM-2X Self Regulating Cable
Raychem part number: 446105-000
Self-regulating heating cables for roof & gutter snow melting and de-icing.
Raychem GM-2X heating cables provide roof and gutter snow melting and de-icing for following applications:
- Roofs comprising standard roofing materials, including slate, shingle, tar, wood, metal, and plastic.
- Gutters of standard materials including metal and plastic
- Drainpipes of standard materials, including metal and plastic.
The heating element of a GM-2X consists of a continuous core conductive polymer extruded between two copper conductors. As current flows through the core, the heating cable regulates its heat output in accordance with ambient conditions. The self-regulating feature eliminates hot spots and results in better temperature control to protect roof and gutter materials.
The GM-2X heating cable is ideal for more economical and less demanding applications. If the roofing material is bitumen, GM-2XT should be used to ensure maximum abrasion, chemical and mechanical resistance.
- Power output (nominal): 36 W/m @ 0°C in ice water
- Supply voltage: 230 Vac
- Max circuit length: 80m
- Minimum installation temperature: -18°C
- Maximum exposure temperature: 65°C cont. power on (85°C intermittent)
- Outer jacket: Modified polyolefin
- Control and Monitoring - EMDR-10Electronic multi-sensor controller, HTS-DThermostat for small gutters (For less than 30m of cable only)
- Control Panels - SBS-xx-EV-10Control panel for multiple heating circuits, SBS-R-GMMulti-circuit control panel for gutter frost protection systems.
- Connection Kits - RAYCLICQuick and easy connection system for Raychem heating cables, Heat ShrinkHeat shrink connection and cold lead seal kits
- Accessories - Junction boxes, support brackets, adhesive and clips