Raychem EM2-XR Self Regulating Cable
Raychem part number: 449561-000
Self-regulating trace heating cable for ramp heating and surface snow melting
EM2-XR is a rugged and robust self-regulating heating cable for simple, fast, and effective ramp heating to prevent snow and ice formation.
The self regulating EM2-XR cable automatically adjusts its power output in accordance with ambient conditions; more power is produced in harsh freezing conditions and less power in marginal freezing conditions.
It can be cut to length onsite providing complete flexibility in installation. It can also be provided as a configured heating unit to meet your specific design requirements, including pre-installed terminations and power cable (length variable upon request.)
- Easy to install : cut-to-length cable
- Safe: no overheating possible, even when crossed or closely spaced.
- Robust cable is resistant to damage during installation.
- Maintenance-free: no moving parts.
- Also available in pre-configured heating units with pre-installed connection cable, splice and seal
- Nominal Power: 90W/m @ 0°C
- Voltage: 230 Vac
- Maximum Exposure Temperature: 100°C
- Minimum Install Temperature: -20°C
- Circuit Breaker required: Type C (Max. 50A.)
- Certification: CE, VDE
- Control Unit - VIA-DU-20Multi-sensor control device for surface snow melting.
- Control Panels - SBS-xx-VV-20Multi-circuit control panel for surface snow-melting systems., SBS-R-EMMulti-circuit control panel for surface snow-melting systems.
- Connection Kits - RAYCLICQuick and easy connection system for Raychem heating cables, VIA-CE1Cold lead connection and end seal kit for EM2-XR.
- Accessories - Junction boxes, EM-SPACERSpacer rail for trace heating cables for ramp heating and surface snow melting.